I thought about Yahoo!’ing this, but turned to Brokaw media experts Christian Grant and Tami Bongiorni instead.
They explained the importance of the bounce rate, which is the percentage of people who leave your page because it doesn’t have what they’re looking for. A high bounce rate negatively impacts your search campaign (and will probably hurt your feelings, too).
To keep your bounce rate nice and low, they recommend that you:
- Bid on relevant key words
- Make your website easily skim-able
- Include content related to popular keywords to help with SEO
- Optimize your website for both desktop and mobile use (Hi, and welcome to 2022!)
- Ensure the content on your site loads across all devices, and eliminate anything that will decrease load times
If you want to thank Christian and Tami for their brilliant insights, you can send them a humongous backyard trampoline to show that you respect bounce rates and also carefree horsing around. Or you can just choose to work with them IRL!