February 5th, 2011
Super Bowl Predictions
According to Ad Age:
Almost two-thirds of Super Bowl viewers age 18-34 will be using a smartphone, while watching the game this Sunday.
- 59% will be sending emails or texts about the game.
- 18% will be checking out ads online from their phones.
- 18% will visit advertiser websites—including this infamous one.
- 32% will be posting comments about the game or the ads on a social network.
According to Brokaw:
- 6% will make an inappropriate Ben Roethlisberger joke in front of mixed company.
- 45% will avoid that “mystery dip” by saying they’re “stuffed,” then secretly double-fist Cool Ranch in the corner.
- 21% will make small talk about the blizzard in Chicago to fill the uncomfortable silence following the new Go Daddy spot.
- 37% will be surprised and somewhat saddened to learn that another aging rock band isn’t performing at this year’s halftime show.